Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Lunch

I saw this fun leprechaun sandwich and just had to make it for the kids. We also had a pot of gold, some rainbow colored goldfish crackers, a fruit rainbow, and lime punch.




The pot of gold is pineapple and lemon jello jigglers cut into squares. The punch is lime sherbet with Sierra Mist poured over it.

The sandwiches are made by cutting the bread in a circle. The eyes are white M&Ms. I used food writer markers to draw on the mouth and the eyes. Carrot sticks for the beard and hair. An apple for the hat with a cake decoration flower.




Caleigh doesn't eat bread so I used a tortilla to make hers.

4 comments:

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Very cute ideas! My kiddos would go crazy for those leprechaun sandwiches:) I'll have to remember that one!

Mary said...

Wow Sarah! Very impressive! I hope I remember all these cute ideas when my kids get older!

Mary said...

Wow- that looks like a lot of fun. I am now taking note for next year!

Mominin said...

Those leprechauns are adorable! Looks like so much fun.