Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Maine Lighthouses

We got to visit two lighthouses on our trip to Maine.


Portland Head Light in Cape Elizabeth

Portland Head Light is the oldest lighthouse in Maine. We took the girls here one day while Colin was at hockey camp. They thought it was so nice that they insisted we take him back to see it. So we went another evening so he could see it and so we could get some family pictures. This is where all the pictures in the header at the top of the page were taken.


Photobucket
 

Photobucket
 

Photobucket
 

Photobucket
 

Photobucket
 

Photobucket

Photobucket
 


Photobucket
 

Photobucket
 

Photobucket
 

Photobucket
 

Photobucket
 

Photobucket
 

Spring Point Ledge Lighthouse


We visited the beach and then walked over to see the lighthouse. The kids loved the walk out to get to this lighthouse. I think it was one of their favorite parts of the trip. It made me a bit nervous though.

Photobucket
 

Photobucket
 

6 comments:

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

I have never been to Maine. It is one of the few states I haven't been to yet. Oh, how I want to go!!

These pictures are beautiful! I enjoyed seeing your family picture as well.

anything but LoKEY said...

Beau-ti-ful!!! :)

laughwithusblog said...

These are beautiful pictures! What a gorgeous place. I wish I could visit. Texas is a long way off I'm afraid! :)

Blessed Beyond a Doubt... said...

I'm jealous....I want to be in Maine!

Visiting from the Homeschool Hip Hop!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Oh, I'd looooove to tour lighthouses in Maine. Or anything, really. I would so enjoy visiting Maine. For years I'd never been further north than southern Ohio, but I finally made it up to Connecticut last year, and it was lovely. But Maine... someday!

jmommymom said...

This is a great post. The lighthouse photos describe so much of Maine.

I just started a blog hop called I Saw it on Vacation. Hopefully it will become a geography resource for homeschoolers. It would be great if you would like to grab my button and link-up this post and your other wonderful vacation posts. Here's the link if you are interested.

http://highhillhomeschool.blogspot.com/p/i-saw-it-on-vacation-blog-hop.html